Part I, What's Photography all About?
- Getting Started with Photography--This post simply introduces the concept of photography as a life-long learning process.
- What Makes a Photograph--This post summarizes the three things that can make a photograph "good:" exposure, composition and interpretation.
- Mirror Lockup: When to use it
- Spot Meter: When and how to use it.
- Focus Modes. When to use the four focusing modes you have on your SLR
- Selecting Focus Points. How to take control of how your camera autofocuses.
- Lens Basics--A common sense guide for beginners on a budget
- Lens Basics: Mid-Range Zooms
- Lens Basics: Wide-Angle Zooms
- Lens Basics: Telephoto Zooms and Primes
- Lens Basics: Image Stabilization
- The Tripod--This post explains why you need one. Yes you do; don't argue with me.
- Filters (General)--This post helps you discern what filters you actually need for outdoor photography.
- Circular Polarizer Filter--This filter is essential gear for outdoor photography. This post will teach you how to use it.
- Cable Release--a must have for macro, landscape, and portrait photography.
- Diffusers & Reflectors--a must for macro work.