|Eastern Phoebe at Marl Bed Flats|
- Overview of Seminole Co Photography Locations [Guide]
- Lake Jesup Area
- Lake Jesup Conservation Area [Guide]: This guide contains an overview of the three tracts of the Lake Jesup CA.
- Lake Jesup CA--Marl Bed Flats (Oak Way) [Guide] [Field Reports]: This is the most popular birding location in the Lake Jesup CA, and it's where all the most interesting finds have been.
- Lake Jesup CA--East Tract (Elm St) [Field Reports]: This has a nice trail taking you to Lake Jesup with an observation tower .
- Lake Jesup CA--Nort Tract (Cameron Ave) [Field Reports]: This is a huge area but the Cameron Ave. entrance has a lot of potention, I believe, even though it's under-birded.
- Lake Jesup Park (Sanford Ave) [Field Reports]: For many, this is just a boat ramp. But there are trails here that have a lot of promise.
- Spring Hammock Preserve [Field Reports]: Osprey Trail takes you to the western shore of Lake Jesup, and there a boardwalk through a Cypress swamp that's really pretty.
- Central Winds Park [Field Reports]: The best place for migrants in Seminole Co, especially in the Fall.
- Overlook Park [Field Reports]: This is a very small park, but it's a good place to get a good look at Lake Jesup--great for finding ducks, terns and gulls.
- Canal St [Field Reports]: My favorite little sparrow spot.
- Econ River Area
- Summary Post for all of the areas around the Econ River I've done a respectable amount of birding.
- Econ River Wilderness Area [Guide] [Field Reports]: Just north of UCF, it offers a variety of habitats from a pine-scrub in the parking area all the way to the Econ River.
- Geneva Wilderness Area [Guide] [Field Reports]: A beautiful little park with a prayer chapel.
- Little Big Econ State Forest (Barr St. Trailhead) [Field Reports]: One of the most picturesque areas along the Econ River.
- Little Big Econ State Forest (Jones East Trailhead) [Guide][Field Reports]: There are two entrances on Snow Hill Rd. I visit the mountain bike entrance.
- Little Big Econ State Forest (Brumley Rd Trailhead) [Guide][Field Reports]: From the end of Brumley Rd, you can walk to the St. John's River right where the Econ River hits the St. John's.
- Little Big Econ State Forest--Kilbee Tract: From Rt 46 near C. S. Lee Park, you can walk south along the St. John's until near the Econ River.
- Wekiva River Area
- Lower Wekiva River Preserve [Guide] [Field Reports]: Best place I know of in Seminole County for Red-headed Woodpeckers and Bachman's Sparrows.
- Wekiwa Springs State Park (Markham Rd Trailhead) [Guide] [Field Reports]: A lovely area of Wekiwa Springs SP in Seminole Co that needs more attention.
- Wekiva Springs State Park (Eastern Section): The eastern portion of the park is in Seminole County, and you can kayak the river.
- Lake Parks
- Orlando Wetlands Park [Field Reports]: A birder's paradise, especially for waders.
- Mead Botanical Gardens [Field Reports]: One of the best places for migrants in Orange Co.
- Wekiwa Spring State Park [Field Reports]: There are lots of recreational activities here, but I like the wildlife viewing opportunities here a lot.
- Lake Apopka Loop Trail [Field Reports]: The Best Place I know to find vagrants in Orange Co.
- Hal Scott Preserve [Field Reports]: Red-cockaded Woodpeckers are only one of the fun birds to find here.
- Merritt Island NWR [Field Reports]: Probably the best overall birding location within an hour's drive of my house.
- Viera Wetlands [Field Reports]: A wonderful place for wading birds, ducks and shorebirds, especially at the "click" ponds across the road.
- Jetty Park [Field Reports]: Other than the cost to get in, this is a fabulous place for gulls and other sea birds.
- Ponce Inlet [Field Reports]: A great place for gulls and sea birds.
- East Lake Tohopekaliga [Field Reports]: The closest place to my home that's reliable for Snail Kites.
- Joe Overstreet Road and Landing [Field Reports]: While standing in one spot, I saw a Long-billed Curlew and a Crested Caracara.
- Three Lakes WMA [Field Reports]: Best place I know for Red-cockaded Woodpeckers.
- Circle B Bar Reserve [Field Reports]: A wonderful place to visit; my favorite in Polk Co.
Other Florida Counties:
- Fort De Soto County Park [Field Reports]: My favorite park in Florida; too bad it's 2 hours away.
- St. Marks NWR [Field Reports]:
- St. Augustine Lighthouse [Field Reports]
Maryland & Virginia
Central MarylandEastern Shore